For more than 20 years, our firm has been realizing projects in various sectors:
– Public facilities for national and international administrations established in Lao PDR
– Educational buildings, specific training centers, health care projects, funded by multilateral cooperation projects
– Luxury hospitality projects funded by international hotels groups
– Private projects, banks, housing and office buildings, funded by national & international real-estate investors
Our role as architects includes in particular two critical points defining our approach in the concept and design of projects:
. The first one is the geographic integration of the project in the site, which requires the creation of a coherent articulation, through the design, between respectively the scale and the functionality of the building with the canvas of the surrounding urban fabric and its interrelations with the sociocultural context of the site.
. The second one is the esthetical integration of the project in the environment, for which we pursue, throughout the making of models and the generation of 3D design, a balance between the shape and the materials we use, with those of the natural and urban surroundings.
The key to successfully develop and implement a well-built economical project as an architect in Laos is on one hand the awareness about the level of vocational training in the construction sector, which questions the extensive use of prefabricated materials and equipments requiring their shipping to Lao PDR, and on the other hand the import of a skilled workforce to install them.
These 20 years in the practice of architecture in these professional circumstances in Lao PDR endow our company with the proficiency in design into the details of all kinds of works implementation.
Ateliers de la Peninsule architects won several national and international architecture design competitions in France, Laos and Thailand by creating architecture design always trying to associate the client’s will in term of his organization or brand image visibility considering the cultural environment where the project is planed to be developed.
– 2009-10: The Luang Say Residence Colonial style 24 rooms hotel project in Luang Prabang
– 2010-11: Banque Franco-Lao Limited (BFL), bank head office, Vientiane
– 2005-07: UNDP head office in Laos, Vientiane
– 2005: European Union Delegation head office in Laos
– 2000: Robert Wan, private house concept design (1000 Sqm) white pearl company Ko Mai Si, Thailand
– 2001: Ko Yao Residence luxury villas (10 villas 500m² each) real estate concept design, Ko Yao island Thailand
– 2012: International French School “Josue Hoffet” National
– 1995: Lao P.D.R. Prime Minister Office in Vientiane National Architecture
– 2009: Pak Tai 30 luxury villas real estate development, Phuket, Thailand
– 2005: Brunei Embassy, Vientiane